Friday, September 23, 2016

Weekly Happenings


Happy fall y'all! (even though it feels like July in Alabama). We are this close to being done with our master- at least done with all the non-fun stuff like painting, wallpaper removal, outlet changes and chandelier cleaning. Monday we get new carpet- we purchased this from the Home Depot. Can't wait to share a big post on the before and after. This weekend we have our friend Ben coming to live with us for a while; he got a job here in Florence and we are super pumped to have a roomy! We are in total project mode of getting our room moved, his room fixed up, and prepping to have nine guests come visit us next weekend. Having hot sweats thinking about how much work we have yet to do. But it's all good!! 


You can see we have a few holes to patch and some touch up on the trim- but it is almost done! We used BM's Chantilly Lace. Gloss on trim (including dental work) flat on the walls & ceiling. I tried French Canvas on the walls using non BM paint and it looked terrible. The other bedrooms though are going to have some sort of color on the walls- I'll share more of that when the time comes! 


Terrible inspiration photo, but Whit is going to build me a drop leaf side board style of table (like pictured above) to run along the left side of the wall in our master... this will be where we put our TV, lamps and whatever decor I find lying around our house. It is going to be about 8' long and should look and function well for the space! I will try and take progress pictures of when we build the table so I can share with any of you furniture building DIYers. 


PSA- Best smelling candle ever. Link here to buy. 


Scored these super cool Greek key pillows from Homegoods- $14 holler! 


If you have missed Frank in some of my pics it is because he was away at Grandpa Camp in Tuscaloosa while Whit and I traveled to Nashville and Chicago. Good to have our lil pal home. 


Lastly- the table in our great room has been painted gloss white and I love working in here if I have to bust open my laptop. 

Happy Friday and thanks for reading! 

EJ 





No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!