Saturday, June 25, 2016

Library Ladders & Books


If you follow me on Instagram, then you know what I have been up to- filling our shelves in the great room with books! As I post more, you will start to see that stuff rarely stays in one spot longer than a few weeks....  Recently I was able to score ten books for $1 at our local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store, so of course I loaded up ($17 worth). The main reason I decided to tackle this book-shelf-filling project was that Whit installed the library ladder for me (!!!). The ladder and all the hardware that was needed for installation was a Craigslist find score from a few months back! Whit had to cut down the ladder a bit to fit- but I am obsessed! I feel like Belle from Beauty and the Beast :) 

Enjoy the pics of the process & happy freakin' weekend! 


170 books, my arm workout for the week/month.


I removed all the covers and organized the books into stacks by size.


bum squad


I have seen office pictures on Pinterest similar to the set up I have going on with the binding facing inward. Books that I am reading are by my bed, and we have a ton of other shelves in our house to store books that we reference more often, like cook books and decorating books. I needed something to fill these shelves, and while I liked my original set up, the books laid out this way just give me all the heart eyes. 


button shells from the Mississippi

 


I was able to score our ladder and the hardware off of Craigslist for less than $100. I found this ladder and this hardware online, if you want to have a similar set up in your home! The prices are expensive, so I of course recommend holding out for something you can rig up yourself.



XO EJ 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!