Monday, August 15, 2016

South Carolina, ya'll.

I was fortunate to get away on a little vaca this past weekend!! I drove to Edisto Beach, SC to meet my sister and some super fun ladies! It's funny how your sister's friends and friends of friends instantly become your friends. The beach house we stayed in (which is owned by one of the girl's parents) was a few blocks off the beach, so it was either a short trip on a golf cart or by foot- literally like max 5 minutes, so perfect! We ate fresh seafood, drank good wine, laughed our butts off, and enjoyed glorious coffee klatch every morning. The weather was amazing- sun all day and the ocean was that perfect refreshing temperature! One of the ladies was also pregnant so we had a DD, super clutch, and she hung out like no ones business- my goal for whenever ever in the next century that day comes for me :). 


Road to the beach.


The island's nickname is Edi-Slow, since the preferred method of travel is golf cart or by foot. The entire area is not very commercialized and several locals live there full time. It is definitely a place to visit if you are looking for a quaint beach town. 


Fresh seafood on a paper plate with a glass of pinot grigio- island life. 


Vacation is made for trying new things - yummy! 


Sunset pic w/ my sister- duh. 

On the way back I took the scenic route and was able to capture so beautiful sights. Hands down would drive again. South Carolina is gorgeous! 


Obligatory corn pic- to prove it is not just found in Iowa. Almost felt like fall until I got out of the car to take this pic and my glasses fogged over from the heat. 

Of course I had to stop and snap a picture of the Ace Basin Preserve- which if you are a Dorothea Benton Frank fan, then you know what I am talking about- the swamp area, so creepy/cool! 


Another stop along the way was to the Redcliffe Plantation State Park. So pretty!! Built in 1859, it was kept in the family before being donated to the South Carolina State Park Service in the 1970's. I love that they have kept it true to form. 


That's a wrap! Again, thanks to these ladies for the awesome weekend!  





Now back to regular life... I did try to mind my manners as much as possible so I can get the invite next year ;). 

Have a fab week! 

EJ 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!